This end of year idea is part of our partnership with educators from The Curriculum Corner, bringing you free Common Core aligned lesson ideas, teacher resources, and templates you can easily print with your VariQuest Perfecta 2400 or VariQuest Poster Maker - just be sure you have the latest VariQuest Software v4.0!
Lesson: End of Year Celebration/Photo Booth Idea & Resources
Level: K-12 Classrooms
Students will celebrate the end of a successful school year by taking pictures with teachers and classmates.
“Ready for ___ Grade” sign appropriate for grade level taught
“School’s Out for the Summer” sign
“Photo Booth” sign
Photo Props – hats, scarves, sunglasses, headbands, etc.
Smartphone or digital camera
Specific Grade Levels:
- Make all three signs into posters using the Poster Maker or Perfecta 2400.
- Hang the posters in an area of the classroom to designate that area as a photo booth.
- Gather props to be used by students and place them in the photo booth area.
- Get a volunteer to help take pictures or to help supervise the rest of the class while the photos are being taken.
Photo Booth Idea:
- Explain the purpose of the photo booth to students. This is a way to celebrate the successes, friendships and teachers for the year. The pictures will be something that they can take home as a keepsake.
- The teacher may wish to allow students to invite other teachers or administrators from the building to join them for pictures.
- Establish procedures for the photo booth regarding the time(s) it will be available, how many pictures each student is allowed to have, taking turns in the booth and appropriate behavior for pictures.
- Students should all have one independent opportunity in the booth in front of the “Ready for ___ Grade” poster.
- After each student has visited the booth, the teacher may wish to let partners of groups of students take additional pictures in front of the poster.
- Print the pictures for the students to take home.
Extension Activity for Primary or Intermediate Classrooms:
Another idea for the end of a school year is to have students create a personal Memory Book. Students might be working on this book as the photos are being taken in the class photo booth. The teacher may choose to add the printed color photo as a cover to the Memory Book or as an additional page within the book. Simply print, copy and staple/bind the pages to serve as an additional keepsake from a great school year.
Click the image below for the full 7 pages of the Memory Book!